On your East End Urban Curiosity Walkshop you will reclaim time and headspace for creativity.
Best of all?
You will leave inspired by London's East End and be armed with practical tips to reframe your digital life and cultivate every day curiosity.
We meet outside Hobbs women's fashion store, 3 Bishopsgate Arcade (Liverpool Street Station), where we switch off our smartphones and reaquaint ourselves with pen and paper. How analogue!
During the two-hour walkshop we explore the streets on foot and you will:
- look up, not down into a glowing screen
- consider your relationship with your smart devices
- learn how to reconnect with the urban environment through simple creativity prompts and observational exercises
- notice how the cityscape changes from Bishopsgate to Shoreditch and how this is reflected in the identity of those living and working here
- study the locals in Spitalfields and breathe deeply, make eye contact and be open to the possibility of a conversation with strangers
- Redisover your creative potential
- Words, concepts, pitches, plans, art, mind maps, arguments and ideas – any of these may follow.
- Meet at 6.30pm outside Hobbs fashion shop is at the start of the Bishopsgate Arcade ie to the left of the Liverpool Street mainline station, Bishopsgate West exit, and up a couple of steps.
- End at 8.30pm at Shoreditch High Street overground station.
- There are steps on our route but otherwise it is fairly flat.
- Tickets are non-refundable, however, you may give/sell your ticket to someone else.
- Suitable for over 16-year-olds only.
- Contact: email@example.com